Grateful Dead Live at Capitol Theater on 1970-03-21
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
is in response to an audience request... Catfish was advertised on this bill and may have played an
opening set for the late show."
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Dancin' In The Streets|
|Don't Ease Me In|
|Wake Up Little Susie|
|Uncle John's Band|
|crowd/"You guys wanna hear pigpen?"|
|Saint Stephen >|
|Not Fade Away * >|
|crowd/Has Anybody Seen My Gal Tuning|
|In the Midnight Hour >|
|Turn On Your Love Light|
|And We Bid You Goodnight|
* includes jam with St. Stephen and China Cat teases
- This is a remaster of shn id 21779
- When Ken and Judy recorded this their microphones were attached to the rail at the front of the balcony. Some of the audience were tapping/banging on that rail, particulary during the acoustic section of the set, and these taps were picked up by the mics. John removed as many of them as he could and sent me his files to see if there was anything else that I thought could be done to improve it. I found some more knocks which have been removed. There are a few that are exceptionally hard to remove completely but have been attentuated.
- Pitch adjustments have been made, in this connection I had to redo a patch that John had made because the patch source also needed correcting. The patch is the last 18.5 seconds of "Easy Wind" I also patched in the last 35.3 seconds of "In The Midnight Hour". I eq'd the patches so that they are a better fit.
The patch source used is shn id 124148 - Thank you Jim Cooper and Rob Berger.
-A number of dropouts have been repaired and level adjustments have also been been made.
Thanks to Ken and Judy Lee for recording this wonderful show, to John Hance for the original transfer and others involved in the original release
Pigpen was such a vital part of this show so I want to dedicate this release to his memory. R.I.P Ron.
further editing by John Hance and myself
- 2019-01-15 13:10:37
- Lineage: CD > Wavelab 6 > wav 16/44.1 > iZotope RX4 Advanced > iZotope Ozone 5 Advanced > iZotope RX6 Advanced > iZotope Ozone 5 Advanced > CD Wave > Flac 16
- Port Chester, NY
- Run time
- Taped by
- Ken and Judy Lee
- Transferred by
- John Hance and Sirmick
- Capitol Theater
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on